Clinical strength training workshop
Health by Science is offering a theoretical and practical Clinical Strength Training Workshop as part of our personal training courses to show you the principles behind our services working with everyone from stroke survivor patients to elite athletes.
Courses are held within our clinic at 98 Giles St, Edinburgh, Scotland.
Why get involved?
- Action-based learning – learn by actively taking part and reflecting rather than just sitting and listening
- No bullshit/high-quality information
- We will make strength training more accessible and less confusing
- Apply your learning to yourself and to your future Physiotherapy patients
The topics we will cover include:
- Session 1: Theory – Welcome, Practical – Hip-dominant movements.
- Session 2: Theory – Why do strength training? Practical – Knee-dominant movements.
- Session 3: Theory – What are the principles of training? Practical – Upper-body push movements.
- Session 4: Theory – What methods should you use? Practical – Upper-body pull movements.
The class will involve a 45 minute Strength training session and finish with a 15-minute talk on the principles of strength training.
- The class will run once a week for 4 weeks.
- The cost is just £20.
- You will be asked to apply your learning on yourself outside of the sessions in your own time. You do not need a gym for this although it would be desirable.
- Please remember you will have to be self-motivated and organised.
We have had some existing QMU students recently complete the workshop who found it very useful:
“I’ve recently completed the 4 week Clinical Strength Training Workshop run by Stuart and it was fantastic! Each session was well planned and organised, covering the principals of strength training and how to design and coach a strength training program.
As a 4th-year physiotherapy student, this workshop has been a great opportunity for me to strengthen my knowledge and practical skills to apply in clinical practice. I would highly recommend this workshop to anyone wanting to further their theoretical and practical understanding of strength training, with Stuart extremely knowledgable and super friendly. Thanks again Health by Science for a brilliant 4 weeks!” – Eadaoin McCormack.
If you are still interested in our personal training courses in Scotland, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch with our workshop schedule.