You show us where it hurts, we’ll help you to feel better.
Initial Physiotherapy Assessment
- Reduce your pain
- Improve your knowledge about your injury
- Improve your understanding of how you can help prevent your pain coming back
- Get back to being your best with our load management programme
- Receive a mobility assessment, strength assessment and individualised movement treatment plan
- Follow-up appointments £35
Book your appointment
A person-centred approach to reducing pain and restoring movement.
When to access Physiotherapy
Physiotherapy can help to restore function and movement if you are impacted by injury, illness or disability. An effective physio may also assist in the reduction of future illnesses or injuries.
The Health by Science person-centred philosophy leans towards patient involvement at every stage of your care plan. Our Physiotherapy clinic based in Edinburgh is led by HCPC registered Stuart Maytham who has supported hundreds of clients and patients to improve their health and find a renewed sense of belief in their physical capabilities.
When are Physiotherapy treatments suitable?
Physio is suited to a wide range of individuals of all different ages, injuries, illnesses or other health conditions. Typically, physiotherapy treats:
- Soft tissues, joints and bones that may be causing pain and discomfort in the neck area, back and spinal column, shoulders and legs.
- Breathing and poor lung function including cystic fibrosis or COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Organ recovery such as heart rehabilitation recovery from a heart attack
- Nervous system and neurological problems resulting from a stroke, Parkinson’s Disease and Multiple Sclerosis
- Health by Science physiotherapy supports the prevention of future injury and can improve physical and mental health.
Our physiotherapist treatments may work well in conjunction with your regular medications and alternative therapies that support the overall improvements in your health and wellbeing. These elements contribute to your overall care plan.
Why not try before you buy?
Sign up for our FREE 5-Day Fix Your Own Aches and Pains Course
What will our Physiotherapy treatment include?
Rather than focusing on a specific area of your body that might be suffering from pain, injury or incapacity, we include your whole body as part of the physio and recovery process.
Our approach may include any of the following:
- Professional advice and education – We discuss your day to day activity and how this may be impacting your body. Here we focus on posture and demonstrate techniques that will help prevent future injury.
- Individual activity and movement plans – Here we include mobility and daily exercise plans designed to reduce your symptoms and improve your movement.
- Lifestyle review – Understanding a little about your nutrition and recovery habits can help positively influence your progress and help maximise overall health and wellbeing.
Manual therapies – This is where we use physical touch to help relieve discomforts from stiffness and pain that results in short term improved flexibility and movement of your body
Accessing Physiotherapy in Edinburgh and Scotland
Your GP may offer a referral for Physiotherapy via the NHS. There is often considerable waiting times via this access method. Health by Science allows you to access treatment quickly, which is especially important when you are suffering from pain or stiffness that impacts your daily life.
Our initial consultation includes:
- A comprehensive assessment of your needs where we begin to understand your pain and discomfort
- A personalised treatment plan based around our shared understanding of your condition
- Use of our state of the art equipment at our private Physiotherapy rehabilitation facility here at 98 Giles St, Edinburgh.
Read about our Customer Stories here to find out more about how we can help you.